This is a repost from my Tumblr from January 2013. At the start of every year, I like to make a list of my favorite things from the past year. Count you blessings, right? Adventures was one of such discoveries from 2012. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Forget everything you thought you knew about African women and sexuality! Adventures from the bedrooms of African women will take your breath away. I know I forgot to breathe for at least five minutes when I came across it.
Here is a step by step story of how that happened.
1) Retired from facebook.
2) A year or so after coworkers convinced me to join twitter.
3) I acquiese.
4) Once there I naturally begin to follow all and everything African.
5) AWDF naturally topped this list.
6) AWDF FOLLOWS ME BACK!! GASP! I HAVE ARRIVED.
7) I am happy, I am happy, and I want to see who to thank for this amazing follow back.
8) I check out the AWDF website and look up their communications person.
9) She is a fine fine girl.
10) I decide to follow her and silently stalk her.
11) She links her followers to a website she co-authors.
12) BAM! I click on it and got introduced to another new and naughty world.
13) I like. Santa please please stay away!!
Adventures is a blog that provides a safe space where African Women (and occasionally some progressive men..lol) can discuss a variety of sex and sexuality related issues with the intention of learning from each other, having pleasurable and safer sex and encouraging continuous sex education in adults. The blog is managed by Nana Darkoa and Malaka (both of whom are Ghanaian I believe) but they also welcome Guest contributors (from around the world). So if you have a story to tell please share with them! I am working on mine :-).